1. The Library observes copyright laws and regulations on preservation procedures.
2. Most of files for preservation are protected by copyright. The copyright law of the Kyrgyz Republic governs the making of reproductions of copyrighted material. For more information about copyright is available http://patent.kg/en/laws/
3. The library is obligated to refuse book or journal article or other documents for their publishing and preservation if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.
4. Materials that are clearly in the public domain will be given priority for digitization and preservation. Where public domain status is questionable, a decision will be made on a case by case basis. When materials are under copyright restrictions, they will not be digitized unless permission is obtained.
5. The University is copyright holder to all information publications produced by the University and works created within the limits of work assignment and for granted works.
6. If necessary, the University concludes an author’s agreement with other copyright holder.
7. Any copyright violations are entirely the responsibility of a person who will apply his/her digital material for submission